Laeken découverte offers guided tours for groups upon request about different places in Laeken such as the Royal Greenhouses or the cemetery of Laeken, two highlights that any tourist interested in the royal heritage of Brussels should discover
Check out its agenda and its tours.
A specific way to discover Laeken: discover the best places of Laeken with enthusiastic, friendly locals in Laeken of Brussels Greeters who will give you an insiders’ visit of Laeken.
Comic Book Tour
Whenever you go to visit the atomium take your time to do the tour of comic strips on the walls in Laeken.
These are the places where your can find comics on the walls in Laeken (see also the map):
- Jouvray – Lincoln – Paleizenstraat
- Franquin -Marsupilami – Houba de Stromer 141
- Marlier – Tinny / Martine – Koninginnelaan 325
- Merho – Kiekeboe – Dikke Lindelaan 2
- Mezzo – Le roi des mouches – Hubert Stiernstraat
- Jef Nys – Jommeke – Lokvogelstraat 3
- Tillieux Maurice – Guus Slim – Leopold I-straat 201
- Tome en Janry – De kleine Robbe – Eeuwfeestlaan (Bruparckplein)
- Walthéry François – Natasja – Jan Bollenstraat 76
- Zep – Titeuf – Emile Bockstaellaan
Greenhouse of Laeken
Every spring, the Royal Greenhouses of Laeken are open to the public for approximately 3 weeks, generally from the second half of April until the beginning of May.
You can discover there an exceptional collection of flowers and rare plants and also the impressive glass greenhouses with metal frames designed by Victor Horta’s teacher Alphonse Balat.
More info on the website of the Royal Family.
Laeken à la carte
Different walks can be done through Laeken. We recommend this map Carte Laeken.